Complimenting our existing screencasts on installing Ubuntu, this screencast shows installing Xubuntu, and covers:-
- Downloading the Xubuntu installation CD ISO image
- Installing Xubuntu using the live CD
- An overview of some applications installed with the Xubuntu desktop
- Installing Xubuntu using the alternate CD
- Resolving video card driver and resolution problems after an installation
- Customising the Xubuntu desktop
- Using some command line utilities to manage the system
Note: This screencast shows some use of the command line (terminal) in Xubuntu. If you are uncomfortable using the command line, then please seek additional assistance.
Stream (requires flash player)
(Video will play in a pop-up window)
800x600 Flash Video
640x480 Flash Video
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.