Although I’m a fan of LinuxDcpp, today
As a list of features, I’ll post the one from their site (written in Russian):
- Update libdcpp (0.75).
- New commands: / freedcpp, / fuser, / removefu, / listfu, / emoticons.
- Support for emoticons in chat and drugs.
- Interception of external hub links Magnet links.
- Convolution Magnet links in the text chat and drugs.
- Support of themes.
- Pop-up notification.
- Support for audio (sound notifications).
- New icons Members area.
- Support for selected users (no gui to manage favorites).
- Select the color of favorites in the user-list, sorting.
- New button (show / hide): user-list and the transfer panel.
- Animation status icons, which received drugs.
- New tab (Settings): Preview, sounds, colors and fonts, Notifications, Themes, Toolbar.
- Minimize the program in trays, when pressed close the window.
- Quick insert nickname (nicknames) in the input line (double-click on the nick in the text chat).
- New logo.
- Support for color, style, text chat and drugs.
- Preview files.
- Updated translation Russian (ru). * Updated translation Russian (ru).
They’ve added more options, like: disabling smilies, the possibility to minimize to systray when you close the program and a spam filter, (which i think it’s really great)… and it seems a little bit faster than linuxdcpp when you have many hubs opened, but maybe it’s just my imagination 🙂 Two days ago, on 31st March 2010 they had their first stable release, so it’s a young, but promising project. You can install it by adding their PPA launchpad repository:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tehnick/tehnick
sudo apt-get install freedcpp
sudo apt-get install freedcpp-unstable
The unstable one seems stable for the moment, but it’s built from svn, so.. you’ll have updates more often, but.. you can expect an error any time.