Today I finally replaced my out-of-date streaming music server with something a little more recent. I had long been using gnump3d, and even wrote up a tutorial on it some time ago. Development on the project has pretty much died off completely and even though it has worked great for nearly three years I felt it was time for a change.
I replaced the gnump3d service with Ampache, a PHP/MySQL based audio file manager and streaming server. It looks like it has a lot more features than gnump3d had, but then again its also getting a lot more attention. So, without further ado here is how I setup Ampache to allow me access to my .ogg collection via the web.