After five months of intense work, Amarok 2.1 was released (music player for Linux), which is the first major release since the introduction of Amarok 2.
Some of the improvements included in Amarok 2.1 are:
- Playlist improvements with search capabilities and layout customization
- Context View comes with a new layout and makes better use of free space
- Bookmarking - in two types, automatic and manual. When you are listening to a long podcast, audiobook (or any other track longer than 10 minutes) Amarok will automatically mark the last listened to position and auto resume playback when you return to the track. You can also manually bookmark a position in any track to save for later.
- Amarok URLs: allow you to create a link to a certain place in Amarok. For example, you could make an URL to a great song you found on Jamendo and send it to your friend.
- The Last.fm service received an interface update and now allows you to play any tag, user, or artist radio. We have also added an option to mark songs in your local collection as loved. Now you can show how much love you have, even for local tracks.
- Album cover support for iPods has been added and many bugs have been fixed.